Web Site Accessibilty
This page describes the different ways to access the website and also the accessibility standards it complies with.
- All content images include descriptive ALT attributes
- Images used for design like gifs include null ALT attributes
Aid to navigation
- All pages have a back link in order to navigate quickly to the page a user was previously viewing.
- The main navigation for the website is viewable on every page at the top right and bottom left.
- Every page is also reachable through the sitemap.
- Where possible links use title text to procide more information about the content they refer to.
- Many html links are also constructed to make sense out of context, so that a browser can extract the useful links to the top of the page. (This is possible in browsers such as Lynx and Opera)
- All links open within the same window.
If a user wants to change the text size they can go to the ‘text size’ page and select from the drop down list a different font size. This will allow for larger text in the content items.