Family & Relationships
Our Family department is here to provide specialist advice when relationships breakdown.
With our office in Rugeley, our services include:
- Pre nuptial and cohabitation agreement
- Divorce and financial settlements
- Consequences of the breakdown of cohabitation
- Contact and residence disputes regarding children
- Parental responsibility agreements
- Advice on mediation services
We aim to provide a complete service which will include advising on such issues as inheritance following separation or divorce, conveyancing in relation to property and tax implications by means of referrals, where necessary, to other specialists within the firm.
We have substantial experience where there are businesses and pension claims of considerable worth.
We are members of Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association) which promotes the resolution of disputes as efficiently and speedily as possible. We positively encourage mediation and can make referrals where this is appropriate. It is not always possible, of course, to settle matters without the need to issue proceedings at Court and we have considerable advocacy experience when this is required.
We also work in partnership with local mediators at the Family Mediation Centre Staffordshire.
FREE ADVICE CLINIC
We offer an initial free consultation of 30 minutes at our Rugeley office by prior appointment.
- Why You Should Instruct a Family Solicitor
- Are you Likely to be the Victim of a Post-Code Lottery in respect to your child?
- Changing your Name
- Civil Partnerships
- Common-Law Marriage
- Family Fixed Fees
- Financial Issues arising from Divorce
- Getting a Divorce
- Parental Responsibility
- Pre-Nuptial agreements – Playing a Role in Protecting Wealth
- Supreme Court Rulings on Pre-Nuptial agreements
- The Treatment of Inherited Assets in Divorce Settlements
- Pensions on Relationship Breakdowns
- Kinship Care
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- What behaviour amounts to harassment?
- Wife Refused a Divorce
- “Bank of Mum and Dad”