Competitive rates for Energy Performance Certificates

Competitive rates for Energy Performance Certificates

As of 21 May 2010 homes marketed for sale no longer require a Home Information Pack (HIP).
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is, however, still required.  This applies to both domestic and commercial properties that are sold, built or rented.

An EPC records how energy efficient a property is and provides A-G ratings, similar to those now given with domestic appliances.  They are based on estimates about energy usage so that buildings can easily be compared.  Recommendations are also provided as to how to improve the energy efficiency rating.

Hand Morgan & Owen can arrange for EPCs to be completed quickly and for a competitive rate.

For more information, please contact our Stafford office on 01785 211411 or our Rugeley office on 01889 583871.

21 July 2010


The contents of this article are for the purposes of general awareness only. They do not purport to constitute legal or professional advice. The law may have changed since this article was published. Readers should not act on the basis of the information included and should take appropriate professional advice upon their own particular circumstances. (50587)