Access to Services
Hand Morgan & Owen aims to make our whole range of services easily accessible to all members of the community throughout Staffordshire.
To make our legal advice available to everyone, in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and subsequent legislation, we can offer the following:
- If you are unable to come into our offices, we will come to you – at home, in hospital or in a nursing or residential home
- If you would like information in an alternative format – such as large print or audiotape – please let us know
- If you are hard of hearing, we have a loop system at our reception desk in both our Stafford and Rugeley offices and a portable loop system is available for private meetings. Please let us know when booking an appointment if you would like to use this equipment
- If you use communication support, this can be provided on request. Lip-speakers, interpreters, or speech-to-text support must be booked well in advance, so please tell us this as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements
- Clients with mobility difficulties can be seen on the ground floor in our offices in Stafford and Rugeley
- Written, printed and on-line information is written in Plain English
- RNID typetalk is available here.
We realise people sometimes find legal issues complicated. Please tell us if you need extra help.
Disabled access to our offices
Stafford – Ground floor meeting room facilities are available and toilets are suitable for wheelchair access.
The nearest designated disabled car parking space is in St Chad’s Place, 65 metres from our main entrance. In addition, vehicular access to St Martins Street is available before 10.00am and after 4.00pm (between these times it is prohibited by rising bollards).
Rugeley – Ground floor meeting room facilities are available but our toilets are not accessible in a wheelchair.
There are disabled parking bays in the Iceland car park, off St Paul’s Road. This is 60 metres from our office. In addition, by arrangement, disabled badge holders can park directly outside the back door of the office and enter through the back door.
Access via the back door is not possible for a wheelchair. We provide a ramp for wheelchair access via the front door.
We are always looking to improve our access to legal services so if you have any access requirements we would like to know so that we can make our services accessible to you.