Hand Morgan and Owen Solicitors
We are still operating a full legal service and are available to discuss matters and assist you with all aspects of legal work.
The safety of our clients and staff is our top priority. We will do our best to ensure that our clients are affected as little as possible. However, we have had to make some changes in the way we operate our services:
VISITORS TO THE BUILDING, INCLUDING CLIENTS
- No attendances on site apart from by prior appointment.
- Our front doors are kept locked at all times.
- A Perspex screen has been installed on the Reception desk.
- All visitors, who have the NHS App, should scan our QR code upon arrival.
- Hand sanitiser is to be used by visitors on arrival.
- Toilets, kitchen and communal areas are for staff only. This is an absolute bar on visitors/clients having access to those facilities.
- A broad range of interaction with clients and third parties is available including telephone, email and Microsoft Team/Zoom virtual meetings.
- Interview rooms available:
- Booking (via Reception) is essential to enable sanitisation between uses
- Will be cleansed after each meeting
- Windows should be opened for ventilation
- Clients will need to bring their own pen and any stationery they will require
- As from 08.08.2020 new rules came into force concerning where face masks must be worn by the public. The list includes premises providing professional legal services. As a consequence, all visitors to our offices, including clients, must bring their own face mask as we will not be supplying them.
Our Risk Assessment is kept under continual review, undertaken by the Partners, and will be updated depending on Government and SRA guidelines, staff input and in view of numbers of staff returning to work.
Whether you are an individual or a business we have the means to help you. For further information in respect of our services for businesses please click on the link to the left of the screen.
WE OFFER FREE DIAGNOSTIC ADVICE CLINICS
Employment Issues – Family & Relationships – Personal Injury Claims – Property Issues
Elderly Client Issues – Wills – Tax Planning – Powers of Attorney – Asset Protection
Services to Individuals
Please click the following to view more Information:
Hand Morgan & Owen is an England & Wales law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA: Stafford office 50587 and Rugeley office 50588). All SRA regulated businesses are subject to rules and principles of professional conduct. The link https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/standards-regulations/ will enable you to access the SRA Standards and Regulations, including the Codes of Conduct by which the firm and its employees have to abide.
If you are a client and we have made a contract with you by electronic means (website, email, etc.) you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. This service may be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided to you then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you. In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the individual who is working on your case to discuss any concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint then you can access our full complaints procedure here. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like, dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristics. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
If we are unable to resolve the complaint with you then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates problems about poor service from lawyers.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omissions; or
- No more than three years from which you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please contact them:
Call 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
We maintain professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers, policy cover, and territorial coverage, are available for inspection at our offices or upon request to the Partners.
Fraud Prevention Guidance for Clients – please click here to read this important information.